Sunday, April 5, 2009

Lucky, Lucky Woman...

I am a very lucky woman. I married a man who cooks. And when I say he cooks, I don't mean occasionally grilling a steak or microwaving some popcorn. I'm tellin' you, my man can C-O-O-K cook! He has specialities, like chocolate mousse pie and honey-oatmeal bread (which are both to die for, thankyouverymuch). And, more incredibly, he even has secret recipes. It's true. The meatballs and marinara he makes that are absolutely second to none? That's right... they are Top Secret.

And I'll admit it... I like to show him off. I tease other women, it's true. What can I say, I have a lot to show off about. Case and point: When DD participated in a fundraising bake sale last spring, DH whipped out a bunch of loaves of his honey-oatmeal bread. Can you believe that most people gave $20 a loaf for them? They not only gladly handed over the cash... they even asked if he'd make more. What a guy.

Last night our DD was involved in yet another community fundraiser, but this time they were cooking a pancake supper. Guess who stopped in and gave the girls Pancake Making 101? That's right... my hubby. What a man.

On his nights off, he cooks dinner. Everything from pork loins cooked all day in the smoker to basil pesto pasta to deer burgers. What's more is he enjoys cooking. He misses it when he's too busy to cook. What a stud.

But... best of all... when I or our DD have had a bad day... when we are feeling down, or blue, or depressed in the slightest... he sneaks in the kitchen and whips up a batch of cookies without being prompted. What a hero.

Yes... it's true. I am a very lucky, lucky woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment