Saturday, January 30, 2010

I'm Baaaaack!

Whooooooaaaaa, Nelly! Talk about taking a blogging sabbatical! Guess I just needed to step back and deal with things beyond sitting in front of the computer for a while, but now I am back.

BOY, am I back!

And do I have BIG NEWS! I have taken the leap and have registered to walk in the Susan G. Komen 3-day for the Cure™ in Denver on August 27-29, 2010.

What? You don’t know what that is? Well, allow me to enlighten you…

Every year, thousands of men and women gather to walk 60 miles over the course of 3 days. Each of the walkers is obligated to raise a minimum of $2,300 in donations before being allowed to strap on their walking shoes for the big event. That’s a lot of moolah, my friends. But, you know what? It doesn’t scare me. In fact, I have vowed to smash that goal to smithereens and have set my personal goal at $5,000.

Yep. You read that right. Five thousand smackeroos. And I am convinced I will meet that goal. In fact, when I meet that goal I am going to dye my hair pink for the walk. Heck, there are a whole lot of people who would donate just to see it, too. Furthermore, I will even up the ante… if I double my goal and reach $10,000 I will shave my head for the walk. All the way, baby.

As they say in the poker world, I am all in, baby. All. In.

There are so many people whose lives have been affected by breast cancer, and each one of them has a story to tell. And I want to hear them. And I want to walk in their honor… for them and for their loved ones.

If you would like to make a donation, please visit my 3-day participant page and make one today. Please don’t hesitate… donate today.

No comments:

Post a Comment